Wednesday 28 March 2012

Painting Status

Level 4
I have owned High Elves of one sort or another for four editions. I have never owned a fully painted High Elf army. Frankly Simon constantly puts me to shame with his conversions and effort in getting everything painted up. Line in the sand starts here boys and girls...

The level 4 was the first model I painted in the current incarnation back in 2009. Previously she was disco yellow, all the way to bad moon, which is how she had been since I bought her as a teen.

Nick Clegg
The two eagles I have painted up are also from the winter of '09. I painted them until my eyes bled. Winter of '09. They are pretty boring I have to say but they basically sit in front of things and die so excitment is not the lot drawn to them.

Danny Alexander
My first unit of Sea Guard, you know spearmen with the bows glued to their backs and painted with a nauticle scheme, are done now. The nice white shields should tie the army together a bit and the scuffed up marks and slices help them to appear a bit more battle hardened than the usual crisp white. Because I am a northern skin flint I use these as LSG, Spears or Archers - though never mixed in the list so the other guy knows whats going on.

My dual purpose Core
A closerer pic-ture
I have three more characters, twenty more seaguard, ten Dragon Princes, twenty Ellyrian Reavers and twenty or so Swordmaster to paint up with some other bits and bobs grabbing my eye.




 My phone camera has had a fit with these pics...I'll see about some better ones at some point.

James

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by the eagles - feathers are a true ball ache to paint. Did you touch up the level 4's eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her eyes are as they have always been - bossed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete