Thursday 12 April 2012

Game Four: Neil's Warriors of Chaos

Hs army immediately looks a tough nut and I settle in for a tight game, aiming to squeek a win through points denial. Unfortunatly I look to my right at table 2 and see Rob looking like winning big with his Lizardmen of Doom. Since he is on more points I push for a win of between 4-600 points. He later draws so I needn't have taken the risks I did, the final of which probably cost me the game.


My archmage blows up no saves no nuffin on turn five. Without the debuffs my army is woeful. I also struggle to contain his magic without the extra plus 4 to dispel. Still I cast a lot so realistically she is going to go pop at some point...I try my best to take it on the chin.

I eventually coax him out and get in behind first removing his warshrine with a combined charge before turning to the warriors without the characters and demolishing them in a single turn. As that was my turn five I could have simply over ran and relied on my eagle to keep me out of trouble before backing off. At that point I would have had 103 points more. A very squeeky win. Instead I position for charges in my sixth turn. I flank with my 25 archers and front with the Princes. The Princes fluff their rolls and I take out three. I loose combat by one and stand. In his turn six however he pastes both units winning by 5. I fail my ld 3 test and he chases me down. Gutted.

He wins by 2-300 points so even with the mistakes the Archmage going pop was the difference between a draw and a win. Magic is fickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment