Thursday 12 April 2012

Game Three: Daz's Tomb Kings


Daz is a great player, Simon has mentioned him on his blog a few times and he blogs as well. One thing he tells me right away is that I have only four points of standards etc. Meaning if I loose the unit of archers with the general I will loose the game. It appears he tries to terror bomb me off the table. I play along to get him to commit so I can sneak behind and butcher his general and a standard for a win.


He has bad fortune in failing to dispel his snakes being T1. One snake survives the attacks from my archer unit and before he is about to declare attacks on the Archmage I subtly ask if it is magical attacks. I think he has killing blow with the snakes, he mentioned it earlier in the game, he says no magical attacks pauses for a second and declares hits on the unit. Bluffing Folraith's Robe felt a little dirty but it got me out of a tough spot. Maybe I should be actually taking the item in future...

In my magic phase my archmage miscasts killing 12 archers. I then fail my panic. I am 8" from loosing the game but roll a three to cling on to the board. I kill his unit of archers and general before he has chance to persue me off the board. I manage it by the +2 rear charge caused by my Reavers.

The game turned on luck for sure but I felt like since I had no idea what his army did and he was probably a better player I needed to get a lucky to be honest so I went for his general with everything I had and goaded him to mine and let the chips fall.

I win 780 - 50. Having lost an eagle I was using to divert.

No comments:

Post a Comment